Tuesday 24 September 2013

Ballet Black's New Dancers

I have just received a newsletter from Ballet Black announcing two new dancers: Isabela Coracy from Brazil and Christopher Renfurm from the Netherlands.

As there is nothing about those dancers on Ballet Black's website I tried googling them and came across the above clip of a pas de deux dated 3 Jun 2012 which appears to come from the Companhia Brasileira de Ballet. She looks good as does her partner. Brazil has already produced one superstar, Marcia Haydée. Perhaps Coracy will be another.

I have not been able to find a clip of Renfurm but I have found a site which indicates that he has enjoyed his first week with his new company.

I hope to see them both when Ballet Black visits the Stanley and Audrey Burton Theatre on 6 Nov.  I have booked my ticket and you can buy yours by clicking here

My only disappointment is that I won't see Sarah Kundi this time because she left the company at the end of last season.  She used to be with Northern Ballet and has many fans in the North f whom I am one (see "Why Ballet Black is Special" 20 May 2013 and "Dépouillement" - another beautiful Pas de Deux by Kundi and Christofi" 22 May 2013). I am not sure where she has gone but as soon as I find out I will let everybody know.

In the meantime ballet companies don't run on air so if you can spare a few bob here's their support page.

No comments:

Post a Comment